Saturday, July 31, 2010

Footy Round 2


We went to our second Saints game the other night. Since St.Kilda is ranked 3rd right now and their opponents the Bombers were ranked 14th we thought it'd be easy. Ash got me a little beanie and he got a scarf and we were mad excited after the beautiful performance they pulled out last week. We got the first goal...AND that was pretty much it. WE GOT CRUSHED.

It was so disappointing. Not to mention we were the ONLY Saints fans in the section. BUT I tried my first pie. They sell these little meat pies at football games here, similar to getting a hot dog at a game in Canada. You put ketchup on top and they're so delicious. I think it's rather impractical for a sports game though. This little pie stuffed with meat and gravy that is piping hot and goes squirting everywhere, not exactly finger food but nonetheless delicious. On the way home from our embarrassing defeat Ash got pasta on Lygon and following this I got probably the best piece of cheesecake I have ever tasted at this little cafe beside our house - DANGEROUS. Anyway it was Baileys cheesecake and I have saved it for 3 nights now because it was a) so expensive b) its so delicious c) its so rich. Anyway the cheesecake was ALMOST enough to deal with the brutal defeat we witnessed earlier.

Last night Ash tried to make dinner. First he asks me what to do and I say boil the water. So he comes back and asks what is next, I say cut up the green pepper. All seems to be going well when he runs in and says "I need help I need help it's all gone to shit!" I go in the kitchen and the glass lid for the pot had exploded everywhere, shattered into our pasta, our veggies and everything. It was so funny! So Ash said that was it and we went to this really good burger place around the corner Grill'd. Then we went to IMAX and saw Inception. It is the biggest screen in Melbourne and I found it really trippy. It made me feel a bit nauseas but it was a pretty good movie. Ash was disappointed with Leo's performance but I thought it was pretty good. The IMAX and museum is directly beside our house it's unbelievable.

Miss you all!

xo

Sarah